Richard Rhodes, RichRR31@aol.com
Our website, "kungle.com" ( the Kid's Jungle), is going to be a place
kids can interact with other kids and be able to create something of
own and put it on their personalized webpage.
- Every kid can choose the background color of their page.
- Each kid can raise their own online virtual pet. The pet will need to
fed, rested, and taken care of regularly, meanwhile there will be gauges
how "happy" the pet is.
- we will have a section of simple flash games where kids can play and
record their high scores. (i.e. pin the tail on the moving donkey,
whack-a-mole, create your own funny zoo character, etc... )
- a bbs
I work at Grenville Baker Boys and Girls Club in Locust Valley, NY, and they
just registered a domain name(www.GBBGC.org). I am probably going to be
working as the computer specialist here when I graduate, and so when this
project got mentioned I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get
started. I spoke to my boss and he gave me the ok. He mentioned something
about the Network guys saying that the page would be best done in Microsoft
FrontPage. I don't really know anything about FrontPage, so my first
question is whether or not it is appropriate. Anyways, here's a few things
we will be looking to put on the page:
- Opening page with heading and picture of club
- small games for kids to play
- information on programs
- staff bios with pics
- links to email staff members
- digital photo albums with shots of the kids
- potentially advertisements for local businesses
- background of the club
- upcoming events
- other things along these lines.